Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Lion Among Men by Gregory Maguire

This is the third book in the Wicked series. I LOVED Wicked, and while the story in Son of a Witch was intriguing, I thought the ending left something to be desired. I have to admit that I wasn't that thrilled when I saw the third book in the series was going to be about The Cowardly Lion. I hadn't really found him to be a compelling character - especially not enough to do an entire book on him. Now, discussing the Scarecrow's rise to power - that might have been interesting.

Sadly, I was right. This book was kinda dull and boring. It wasn't compelling and barely kept my interest. I flew through it, but I think it was more because I just wanted to be done.

However, that isn't going to stop me from reading the fourth and final book in the series, which comes out this fall. I'm hoping it regains some heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment